Are you one of the people who feels that evolution is not that important and you wish we would stop harping on it? Do you feel we devote far too much time and space writing about evolution? We would like to explain why we do it:
- It is still the best contemporary proof that the Bible is the infallible Word of God and a supernatural book.
- The effect of believing in evolution is devastating, and Christians are not immune to it.
How serious is the attack from the side of evolutionists against the church?
- There is a Reverend Michael Dowd who is traveling across America teaching about the wonder of evolution. His book is 'Thank God for Evolution.' (C Wieland, Evolution's Evangelist, http://creationontheweb.com/content/view/5585/.
- Michael Zimmerman has his 'Clergy Letter Project' inviting churches to endorse evolution (http://creation.com/clergy -letter-project-a-circus).
- Richard Dawkins, in his latest book 'The Greatest Show on Earth' makes an impassioned plea to preachers to accept that evolution is true. He feels that they should follow the example of the Archbishop of Canterbury who has no problems with evolution (R Dawkins, The Greatest Show on Earth, Bantam Press, 2009, p 4-9). He unwittingly explains the danger of evolution, by saying: 'All too many preachers, while agreeing that evolution is true, and Adam and Eve never existed...' (Ibid, p 7).
The logic is clear. If evolution is true, the creation of Adam and Eve is a myth:
- No Adam, means that there was no special, supernatural creation.
- No Adam means that there is no reason to talk about sin, because there is no such a thing. The first couple did not listen to the serpent (the devil or Satan, according to Revelation 12:9) and disobey God.
- No Adam means that no Savior was needed. So there is no hope of eternal life, as there are no promises from God.
- No Adam means that the genealogy of Jesus as written in Matthew and Luke is not true.
- No Adam means that he did not have a descendant, Abraham, from whom the Jewish race came from whom Jesus, the Savior was born.
- No Adam means that there was no Tower of Babel where the people were scattered throughout the earth and formed all the nations each speaking its own language.
Logic shows that evolution destroys the whole fabric of the Bible. Amazingly there are preachers and even theological colleges that embrace evolution, although it is an unproven, unprovable, hypothesis, designed to counter the Bible's account of God as Creator.
Look at this contradiction: Preachers and perhaps big parts of their congregations believe in evolution, which means that there is no Creator God, no Jesus and no hope for an eternal life. At the same time their preaching is the exact opposite: it is taught as if the Bible's message is true (perhaps). But if the Bible cannot be trusted with its message of creation in six 24 hour days, we are in trouble. The confusion, about which parts of the Bible are true and which parts are unscientific, begins. Soon miracles, Jesus as the Son of God born of a virgin and the resurrection, will be regarded as unscientific and therefore cannot be true.
No person can believe two contradictory facts. Light cannot be identical to darkness for ordinary, practical people. (Well, it might be for some clever philosophers or liberal theologians.) Neither can the Bible be true and at the same time not true. Which opinion will have to go? It is usually the reliability of the Bible that is rejected. Once the Bible has been accepted as a fallible book written by fallible people (not inspired by the Holy Spirit), God's morality will soon be rejected. That leads to a life apparently unfettered by the restrictions that God and the Bible places on people. It might seem as if life can then be enjoyed to the utmost, but the consequences are deadly, devastating and eternal.
We have one message: the Bible is true, because evolution proves it by its completely unscientific basis, with only one goal: to negate the Bible.
Evolution is rooting for hell, and Christians should be aware of it, and not let a lack of knowledge of science destroy their hope of heaven. Those preachers who teach that God created through evolution are evangelists for hell. We pray that they come to repentance before they die. Now hopefully you understand why we oppose evolution: despite the fact that it proves the Bible's message true, it is still taking millions to hell.